Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Best day yet...

Today I decided to run on the track at the junior high. My hilly uneven neighborhood makes it hard to determine how far I'm walking and running for each workout. Today I hit the track. I ran 1 1/4 miles in a row! I know this is not a big deal for very many people, but for me who hardly runs and mainly walks fast (probably faster than I run) this is HUGE! I think I'm at a 12 minute mile. Also huge! I think the first time I ever ran a mile in jr high was 14 minutes or something awful. I'm pretty excited. My total 35 minute workout was spent 1.5 miles running and 3/4 mile walking. Not too bad! It's the little things and I have a long way to go before I'm at 26.2 miles or even 10, but I'll get there. It's the hardest I've pushed and my body is already being vocal about it. Have a great day! I certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment